Traumatic dental injuries
What to do in the event of a dental accident?
- Please keep calm.
- Find the tooth and hold it by the white crown, avoid touching the root.
- If the tooth is dirty, hold it under running cold water for ten seconds.
- If possible, insert the entire tooth back into the jaw and bite on a handkerchief so that the tooth remains in position.
- Otherwise keep it in a glass of milk or in a tooth rescue box. If neither is available, it can also be transported in the mouth or in a container filled with saliva (bag or mug).
- Please see a dentist immediately. Further treatment should be done within 60 minutes.
Quick help and tips for the following dental accidents:
The tooth has broken
The more the tooth has broken, the more urgent the treatment. It's about hours! Take large broken pieces with you, possibly they can be reattached.
The tooth is loosened
Treatment is urgent, please inform us by phone and come to our practice immediately. The tooth may need to be fixed with a splint.
The tooth is displaced
Treatment is urgent, please inform us by phone and come to our practice immediately. The tooth must be repositioned and fixed with a splint.
The tooth is intruded
Treatment is urgent, please inform us by phone and come to our practice immediately. The tooth has to be replaced. High risk of complications!
The tooth is knocked out
If possible, reinsert immediately! Otherwise immediate transport to the dentist!
Do not touch the tooth at the root!
Do not clean or disinfect the tooth.
If there is visible contamination, briefly hold it under running water.